CINEVERSITY

    Maxon Logo
    • Login
    • Search
    • Recent
    • Popular
    • Users
    • Groups

    object-colliding -with ball

    Question & Answers
    2
    4
    868
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • C
      channel-blame last edited by

      Hi Dr. Sassi, how are you?, long time-I'm having a heck of a time, trying to do something, that shouldn't be this heard, yet here I am ;(- How can I get a sphere like object, to fall and "bend" some of the hairs? ultimately, I want about 8-10 spheres, they will be other objects, but for the sake of an example, hairs lining a cylinder, about 5000, I'm never sure on which tags to use; can you please help me?, I'm thinking of having these "spheres" drop down a bit, and colliding with the hairs; thank you so much in advance, for your help, Best, Craig

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote
      • Dr. Sassi
        Dr. Sassi last edited by Dr. Sassi

        Hi Craig,

        Thanks, I'm fine, I hope you have a good time as well.

        Here is a quick example, so you can tell me what works and what needs to be changed.
        CV4_2025_drs_25_HAds_01.c4d

        Of course, I can encourage you to check out the documentation, as Hair Dynamic has some options.
        https://help.maxon.net/c4d/2025/en-us/Default.htm#html/OHAIR-HAIRSTYLE_GROUP_DYNAMICS.html?TocPath=Hair%257CHair%2520Object%257C_____7

        Have a great start to your week.

        Dr. Sassi Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
        Cinema 4D mentor since 2004
        Member of VES, DCS.
        linkedin.com/in/dr-sassi-dcc2dcg

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote
        • C
          channel-blame last edited by

          Thank you, you are the best, stay safe, Craig

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote
          • Dr. Sassi
            Dr. Sassi last edited by

            You're very welcome, Craig.

            Thank you for taking the time.

            Cheers

            Dr. Sassi Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
            Cinema 4D mentor since 2004
            Member of VES, DCS.
            linkedin.com/in/dr-sassi-dcc2dcg

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote
            • First post
              Last post