Mouse camera movement intermittently sticking
Does this happen even if only a single object is in the scene?
Is it getting better when you switch to Standard render, or shut off other applications, like Google Chrome?
When this happens, please check the "Task Manager" in the lower-left corner of the interface. Not necessarily related, but just to exclude this.
In any case, please check with the support.
All the best
It seems to happen no matter what's in scene, even no objects. It happens in standard renderer and when all other apps are closed.
Also, it's not limited to just camera movements. It's happening with things like using Scale tool.
Thank you Dr Sassi.
I'll check w/ support.
Thanks for the reply, rastermind2.
I hope it is an easy fix.
It sounds very annoying to endure this; i.e., get thrown out of your creative flow.
Have a great weekend.
That's correct. It's very frustrating!
have a great weekend!
Thanks a lot, rastermind2!
Not what we want, for anyone, of course.
I couldn't find any entry for any current releases with this problem.
So fingers crossed it can be pin-point and solved by the tech support team.
I had an issue like this a while ago and realized it was not the program but my wireless mouse's signal cutting in and out which, apparently, is quite a common problem. It's harder to notice when you're in chrome or some office program.
Thanks for sharing, deep-sea.
Have a great weekend
Just thought I'd follow up with this thread. I had contacted MAXON support and they had me go in and update bios, clean install of NVidia driver, and a few other things.
Nothing was fixing the problem.
So, today I pulled the PLUGINS folder out of Program Files, the problem was fixed!
So, to trouble shoot I started putting each Plugin folder back in Program Files one at a time. I started with REDSHIFT and the problem returned when I opened C4D back up!
I figured maybe it's a recent bug introduced so I went to legacy version of Redshift3D from last November and the problem is fixed!
Turns out this was a bug introduced in the last 6 months due to Redshift3D.
So, anyone else having this problem. Give this a try.
Thank you very much, rastermind2.
I love that you shared this.
Problem-solving strategies are certainly of anyone's interest, even not now, but when something isn't working, then for sure.
I have no idea how many plugins you have, but if you have a lot, let me share this as a thank you. You might know this, but since I write in a forum, I like to share it.
Let's say you have 32 plugins; that would be a lot of work to find the one causing problems.
Take out only half (16 in this example) and check if the problem is present. If not, it must be on in the other 16.
Assuming it is in the other set of 16 plugins, place from that group 8 back into it, so only eight plugins will be loaded now.
The following is the same; it is either in this or in the other group. So we take either half out of the group we have now or place that amount of the other group in.
With a maximum of five restarts (with 16, 8, 4, 2, and 1 plugins installed), we have reduced the work from (worse case) 32 steps to 5 steps.
In the '90s, with OS extensions in the hundreds, that was the only way to get the faulty candidate out of the system in a reasonable time.
My best wishes
Thank you Dr Sassi!
In my case, I just happened to start with RS folder first so it was a quick fix. But, I like your thinking with trying to save time for this particular trouble shooting method.
Thanks for the feedback, rastermind!
I'm glad you had the idea to pull it as the first item and got a result! Very good!